At Beauty Academy we choose our Tutors carefully to ensure that you as our students receive the best possible education.
We believe that all Teachers should hold the following attributes:
- Be extremely knowledgeable of their subject matter
- Build upon students’ goals & prior learning and experiences returning to education
- Respect students as individuals and adapt their teaching to suit the individual learning needs & styles
- Believe that all students have the capacity to learn and should be treated compassionately and fairly
- Establish expectations for students that are clear, challenging and achievable
- Exercise discretion in dealing with matters of conﬁdentiality
- Value and work collaboratively as part of a team of teaching professionals
- Maintain effective records for purposes of student assessments, evaluation of teaching & reporting
- Encourage students to take intellectual risks and to take responsibility for their own learning
Beauty Academy Tutors create and maintain a learning environment which is:
- Positive & Enjoyable
- Interesting & Challenging
- Orderly & Purposeful
- Safe & Supportive
- Encourages Cooperative Learning
- Enhances Each Student’s Psychological, Emotional and Physical Well-Being.
Our Beauty Academy Tutors:
Sharon has been a Tutor for Beauty Academy since 2008 where she has been successfully delivering a variety of qualifications she is qualified in. Sharon is the head tutor on the full time beauty therapy course where she is responsible for delivering the girls to the CIDESCO, ITEC & CIBTAC standards.
Amy originally qualified as a Beauty Therapist in 2005 and has since worked as a therapist, receptionist and salon manager in the beauty industry. Over the years Amy has perfected her skills and gained considerable experience in customer relations and the salon environment. In perusing her teaching career Amy joined the Beauty Academy in 2011.
Berenice has been a Tutor for Beauty Academy since 2007 where she has been successfully delivering a variety of the qualifications she is qualified in. Berenice is a highly skilled nail technician and make up artist. She has won industry awards for her skills.
Emma works full time in a local salon in Drogheda. Emma’s training began over 5 years ago in Beauty Academy where her skills, application to the beauty profession and her attention to detail were noticed.
Gail started her career when she qualified as a full member of The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) in 2001 and became a Fellow member (FCCA) in 2006. This is recognised under the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland as a Level 9.
Nicola is an experienced beauty practitioner who is passionate about passing her knowledge onto her students. She has been a teacher at Beauty Academy for the past eight years and in that time has taught over one hundred students in the areas of skin care, make up, waxing, manicure/pedicure, business and anatomy and physiology.
I qualified from Browyn Conroys in June 1988, worked in Dublin and London. On my return to Ireland I started my own business renting a room in a hairsalon, growing my business.
Anne McCarthy has many years experience in the beauty industry, including managing a salon and running her own successful skin care salon for 13 years.