Meet The Principal: Linda Ennis
- CIBTAC Beauty Therapist – Senior College Dun Laoghaire – 1989
- City & Guilds Certificate in Teaching Adult Learners – 2005
- Qualiﬁed NLP Practitioner – Studied with Paul McKenna, Richard Bandler & Michael Neill - 2006
- Bachelor of Arts Honours Degree in Training & Education Level 8 – NUI Galway - 2011
- Post Graduate CIDESCO Beauty Therapy - 2011
- Dundalk Institute of Technology - Certificate in Digital Marketing and Digital Media Management - 2016
Nominated for Image Business Woman Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2016!
As you will see from my career history, I have worked my way up the ranks from salon and counter level to middle management and training positions to eventually opening my own Training College. This journey has exposed me to extensive training and experience that I am delighted to share with my students.
- Salon Beauty Therapist
- RoC Cosmetics – Promotional Consultant
- Clinique Boots Belfast – Cosmetic Consultant
- Clinique Clerys Dublin – Counter Manager
- Clinique Brown Thomas Dublin – Business Manager
- Estee Lauder Ireland – National Business Development Manager
- Yardley Cosmetics – National Training Manager for Ireland
- Lancome Cosmetics – Regional Business Manager for Ireland
- Nutriticia (Nutritional Company) – Training Manager
- Bradleys Pharmacy Group – Area Manager
- Skin Doctors Cosmeceuticals – Sales, Marketing & Training Manager
- L’oreal Cosmetic Active – National Trainer for La Roche Posay & Vichy
I was trained in Paris, London & Dublin by all of the above companies and Smashbox, Dermalogica & Dr Murad Cosmeceuticals.
This is a little bit about my journey. I qualified as a Beauty Therapist in 1989 from Senior College Dun Laoghaire, worked in Beauty Salons for a while, then as a Promotional Consultant for Ireland for RoC Cosmetics, as a Cosmetic Consultant for Clinique Cosmetics in Boots in Belfast.
I then was promoted to become a Counter Manager for Clinique in Clerys Dublin at age 23, I was headhunted at age 25 to become the Business Development Manager for Estee Lauder for Ireland, where my role involved leading and training counter managers nationally on client care, merchandising, running events, consultant training and how to manage a cosmetic counter.
I was then poached by Clinique Cosmetics to come back as Business Manager for their new Brown Thomas account in 1998, I started with a team of 5 and 4 years later had a team of 12, I developed the counter to having the highest turnover of any counter in Ireland, becoming the 8th largest account in the UK & Ireland beating Harvey Nichols of London!
I then became the National Sales, Marketing & Educational Manager for Yardley Cosmetics for Ireland, went on to become an Area Manager for Lancome Cosmetics where I was responsible for 40 Lancome Accounts Nationally. I then became an Area Manager for Bradley Pharmacy Group and was a National Educator for Vichy & La Roche Posay for Ireland.
I was considering, at the age 34, what I wanted to be when I grew up! I looked back on my vast career and realised every company I had worked for I had always wanted to be involved in the training. I had never considered working for myself but took a week off work in June 2005 and was considering the possibility of opening up my own business. I was considering my options…would I open a salon, a distribution company or a training college?
My mother put the local Drogheda Leader paper in front of me and said “that would be a great building for your school!” ….to which I replied “Mam, I haven’t made a decision yet!”, to which she responded “Well, you are telling me since you were 3 that you were going to be a teacher!”….So there you have it…the Mammy’s always know best! So I decided to train as a teacher and open my own beauty college so I could share my skills, knowledge and experience with my students. The decision to open Beauty Academy was made in June 2005 and by November 5th that same year the doors were opened! It has been an amazing experience and I still love every minute of it, being with my students and with my incredible team.
I have continued my educational journey by completing a Level 8 honours Degree in Training and Education in 2012 with NUI Galway and finishing a Certificate in Digital Marketing and Digital Media Management with DKIT in 2016. I strive continually to improve myself and my organisation for the benefit of my students, my team and the college and I always recommend that graduates do the same and never stop learning and developing themselves.
I offer new customers a 1 hour career & course advice consultation for FREE and all Beauty Academy Graduates a 1 hour Career Progression and/or Business Consultation Free.
Each additional hour of consultancy is offered to Beauty Academy Graduates at a reduced rate of €50 per hour. Many students have used this service when they need guidance as to how to open their own business, how to find the jobs they would like and how to develop their teaching and course writing skills.
Consultancy is €100 per hour. For graduates, it is €50 per hour, and for new students, it is free of charge.
My Career history has brought the following to Beauty Academy:
- Thorough knowledge of Beauty Salon Treatments
- Sales Techniques
- Consultation Techniques
- Customer Service
- Business Acumen
- Product & Nutritional Knowledge
- Motivational & Communication Skills
- Make Up Techniques
- How to Start Up & Run Your Own Business
- Making the decision to share my knowledge and experience with the future industry graduates.
I opened Beauty Academy in 2005, where I could facilitate learners and help them on their journey to having a career in the Beauty Industry.